After Microsoft decided not to change the future windows operating system names, here in 2018 on April 3oth they are coming up with a big update to their Windows 10 in the name of “The Windows 10 April 2018 update/Fall update”. Let’s check all the Major updates it got.
Note: The April 2018 Update will be available as a free download beginning Monday, April 30.
Timeline helps you easily find what matters to you across your devices
- The proliferation of devices, combined with the explosion of information, has led to an influx of screen time. In fact, today, practically all free time goes toward screens. Your information is spread across multiple devices – making it increasingly harder to find your stuff.
- With Timeline, your Windows 10 PC lets you go back in time up to 30 days to find your stuff, whether you were working on it earlier today, last week, or a few weeks ago.
- You can even pick up what you were doing if signed into your Microsoft account while using Microsoft Edge or Office 365 on your iOS or Android device when you return to your Windows 10 PC.
Focus Assist returns your focus
- Introducing Focus Assist to help you stay in the zone. Turn on Focus Assist whenever you want to get things done without distractions, like social media or other notifications. Or set it to turn on automatically at certain times during the day when you want focused time. When you finish, you receive a summary of what came through, whether notifications, emails or updates, while you were heading down. If you’re waiting for a specific call or email, choose people who you want to break through.
- You can now click the audio icon to mute and unmute a tab that is playing sound.
- Books, PDFs and Reading View pages can go full-screen for a distraction-free reading experience. Shopping gets easier as your address, payment and other information can be securely saved with the option to autofill on web payment forms.
- You can now clear out clutter from your printouts by printing web pages in a cleaner format with the new clutter-free printing option.
- Finally, anyone needing a little help with reading can use the new Grammar Tools button to enable comprehension aids. Grammar Tools can break the words on the page into syllables, as well as highlight different parts of speech such as nouns, verbs, and adjectives.
Voice as a natural input
Natural computing experiences enable us to speak directly to our devices to accomplish tasks, without typing. We see the potential for voice input to dramatically change how people interact with their devices, far beyond novelty experiences or entertainment.
It’s now easier than ever to take a note or write a paper, with just your voice. With your cursor in any text field either in Windows 10 or in an app, simply press Win+H and start talking. The improved Dictation feature in Windows 10 will capture your thoughts quickly and accurately so that brilliant idea you just riffed on with your colleagues or the speech you’re practising for your best friend’s wedding isn’t lost forever.
you can manage your smart home right from your PC using just your voice3. For example, want to come home to a warm house from a long day at work? Just tap Cortana on your PC and say “Hey Cortana, set the living room thermostat to 72 degrees” to control your ecobee, Honeywell, Nest Learning thermostat and more.
There are many more great new features in the April 2018 Update including simplified IT management tools for our enterprise customers, new ways to create with Photos, 3D and Windows Mixed Reality, new ways to keep you safer online and enhancements to your PC gaming experience.
Source: Microsoft blogs
Products from Amazon.in
Arjun is is a web developer/designer, who is fond of the web. He lives in Manipal, Karnataka, India.